Thursday, August 06, 2009

Special Thanks from Amazing Kid! Katie Stagliano!

We just received this "Thank You!" from Katie Stagliano, age 10!

Katie was our March 2009 Amazing Kid! of the Month and the winner of our First Annual Launch My Dream! T-Shirt Design Contest.

It's so exciting and such an honor for us to know that our Amazing Kids! of the Month and Launch My Dream! kids like Katie are getting the recognition and support they so richly deserve! Together, we can help many more kids like Katie launch their amazing dreams!

Thanks for sharing your story, Katie! :-)














"My name is Katie Stagliano. I’m 10 years old and have a dream of no hungry children. I am making my dream a reality by starting vegetable gardens and donating the harvest to local soup kitchen and homeless shelters to help feed people in need.

I was the winner of the first ever Amazing Kids! Launch my Dream t-shirt design contest.

My winning design was:
My Dream…..No Hungry Children (front of shirt)




It will only take a seedling! (back of shirt)

Katie wearing her Launch My Dream! T-Shirt and Hoodie

Amazing Kids! has really helped me promote my dream and make it a reality. It has been really wonderful to see my friends and family in their Very Meri shirts that I designed!!!!

Since I won the contest I have received numerous awards and honors such as:

1) Being selected as a ‘Build-A-Bear Huggable Hero’







Katie with her gift bears
from Build-A-Bear
(check out the cute mini
Launch My Dream! T-shirt they made
for her bear on the right!) ;-)






I went to St. Louis, Missouri and met the other amazing 11 kids, participate in a professional photo shoot, take part in a leadership program, paint a mural at Mason School, and make wonderful new friends. [Click here to watch a news video about it!]

2) I was a store finalist from Kohl's Kids Who Care Scholarship Program.

3) My dream received a Quaker Go Grant to start a new garden which will be located in my neighborhood.

4) I was featured on the NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams on the ‘Making a Difference’ segment. [Click here to watch the video!]

5) I went on a trip to Florida to be a guest at the NAED Convention with two other great Amazing girls, where I was recognized by Robroy Industries as being Extraordinary, the next generation,

6) This month [August] I am featured as a Zorbitz Karma Kid of the Month.

7) My story has been in many newspapers articles and I have made several television appearances locally.

Every bit of recognition has helped my cause. I now have actual funds to help with the gardens that help feed people in need in my community. Many people have read the articles or seen me on TV and offered to help my cause. I have grown and collected over 900 lbs. of healthy food that was donated to The Palmetto House, a homeless shelter in Summerville, South Carolina and Tri County Family Ministries, a soup kitchen in North Charleston, South Carolina.

Being the first winner of the Amazing Kids! Launch my Dream T-shirt Design Contest has been a real honor and I can’t thank Ms. Alyse from Amazing Kids! and Meri, from Very Meri enough!!!! I can honestly say that my dream has been launched!"

By: Katie Stagliano, age 10

Editor's Note:

You can help Amazing Kids! support Katie's dream of "No Hungry Children," by buying her Launch My Dream! t-shirt or hoodie here:
http://shop.verymeri.com/collections/fundraising-tees/products/launch-my-dream-no-hungry-children

Proceeds benefit hunger relief organizations and the Launch My Dream! Initiative, which is helping kids like Katie launch their dreams!

Thank you for your support!

The Amazing Kids! Team
www.amazing-kids.org

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Katie on a job well done! Your design is awesome!!! much love and luck to you in all you do!
The Jones Family :O)